The Swiss Tourism for Sustainable Development (ST4SD) project is funded by The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) from April 2023 to March 2027, and co-implemented by Center for Rural Economy Development (CRED) and HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation in Vietnam (Helvetas Vietnam).
The main objective of the ST4SD project is to contribute to a more sustainable and inclusive tourism sector in Vietnam. In the long term, the project aims to support the creation of new livelihoods and promote sustainable economic development in the country. This overarching objective will be achieved by focusing on three key outcomes:
- Outcome 1 (macro level): Enhancing sustainable tourism development by ensuring that national and subnational action plans, master plans, and relevant policies include necessary actions. This includes facilitating the decision-making and implementation processes.
- Outcome 2 (meso level): Strengthening Vietnamese training institutions to provide quality training and develop skills and expertise in sustainable tourism. The project will assist in the selection and enhancement of these institutions.
- Outcome 3 (meso and micro level): Encouraging tourism destinations and companies to adopt more sustainable practices in their operations and investments. This outcome aims to make both the destinations and the companies more environmentally and socially responsible.
The project’s preparation phase is scheduled to take place from April 2023 to September 2023. End of phase, we need a consultant (team or private) with following details
Interview potential training institutions in both 3 regions, join the Round Table meeting in Danang in July and prepare for the field visit in August 2023
The expected results of this mission are:
- Interview the training institutions in Vietnam (Both 3 regions)
- Prepare the document and join the round table meeting in Danang with SECO
- Field visit Hoi An City in Quang Nam, and write an assessment report on the status of tourism in Hoi An City.
- Prepare the document for the EHL visiting trip on August 2023
- Second round interview the training institutions in Vietnam to choose the shorter list to invite to join the round table meeting in August.
- The document for the round table meeting
- An assessment report on the status of tourism in Hoi An City.
- The document for the EHL visiting trip on August 2023
- Training institutions list.
Interested candidates should send their expression of interest together with the CV, proposed methodology and fees to Ms. Nguyen Thi Lam Giang, Project Manager, ST4SD, email@example.com no later than 30 July 2023.