Duties and responsibilities
- PO is responsible for supporting PM in project planning, implementing, monitoring, budgeting, and reporting acccording to the project document.
- Keep in contact and co-ordinate with involved project stakeholders, companies and business support organizations (BSOs) to promote establishment of Biotrade value chains through implementing upstream interventions.
- Provide other team members with required supports in management of communication for promotion of Biotrade in business community.
- Ensure that implementation of programme activities occur according to the agreed time schedule.
- Provide technical supports for the team in identification and development of Biotrade product in natural ingredient sector for export purpose.
- Conduct analysis on selected sustainable value chain advisors/BSOs to evaluate the biodiversity conservation and sustainable use of their business models.
- Work with relevant sustainable value chains advisors/BSOs to develop their business models and equip them with new knowledge on Biotrade and biodiversity to provide advisory services to BioTrade companies.
- Assist Biotrade companies to organize sustainable value chains through inputs from other projects, biodiversity NGOs or outside service providers, helping sustainable value chain service providers market themselves and work directly with companies to build sustainable supply chains,
- Assist UEBT to develop working relationships with potential partners for the dissemination of Biotrade model of production and trade of biodiversity derived products and to provide training on Biotrade certification to sustainable value chain advisors and CBS in Vietnam.
- Facilitate UEBT, sustainable value chains advisors/BSOs and certification bodies to introduce and promote UEBT and UEBT/RA certifications to companies
- Support the collective learning in BSOs/activity teams and/or expertise groups.
- Regularly update the progress of implementation of project activities to project manager and project partners.
- Work in line with the established cost norms, project procedures and controls.
- Prepare AS FAR for all project activities.
- Participate in knowledge sharing of HELVETAS/CRED
- Perform other tasks as requested by the PM.
The PO fulfils the activities related to the project in an autonomous manner under the supervision of the PM. For the administrative and financial aspects, the PO works in close relationship with the CRED administrator and the accountant. The PO submits all requested planning, monitoring and evaluation documents in due time to the PM for approval. The PO is responsible for the reporting according to the project document and to the other rules and regulations of CRED.
At least Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness management, forestry or related field.
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in similar field.
Having a good command of English is an advantage
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Good time management and organizational skills.
Experience of working in international development.
Those who are interested in the above position should send their application to the following email address: email@example.com, and cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org. “Application for Project Officer” should be clearly stated in the subject line. The application should include:
A motivation letter, explaining why she/he should be chosen for this post
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Copies of relevant academic degree(s)
Deadline for receiving applications: August 25th, 2022