CRED was a co-implementing partner with Applied Horticultural Research and HELVETAS for the implementation of project “Integrating the supply of safe and off-season vegetables for urban, wholesale and retail markets in Vietnam“, where CRED was responsible for:
- Identify training needs from farmers, farmer group and local extension staff;
- Develop respective training plans for the different groups;
- Provide trainings for group leaders and farmers in group management, production and supply planning, marketing, coordination
- From the experience with the vegetable farmers in Moc Chau, adapt the training materials on production, book keeping, data processing, consumer survey, postharvest, certification and market connection are compiled;
- Contribute to the development of a strategy for sustainable scaling in and scaling out the counter seasonal vegetables project from Moc Chau to Van Ho district.
HOW WE WORK
- Enhance the quality of vegetable production.
- Promote the model of farmer groups and build capacities for group operation and management.
- Strengthen the linkages between farmers and enterprises.
- Strengthen the linkages between farmer groups and markets.
- Develop a strategy for upscaling and out-scaling safe and counter seasonal vegetable production in Son La.
- Training materials on group formation and development were developed and made readily available for users
- The training materials into the training package (step by step) were organized into three main modules: group formation and development, production techniques and household economic management
- Plans for involvement of the extension workers at district and commune levels discussed and agreed with the districts.
- Training topics identifies including facilitation skills, group management, recording skills and accounting skills.
- Trainings and coaching were provided for 3 group leaders in Moc Chau & group management board in Van Ho on facilitation skills and group management, with the participation of district staff in Moc Chau and Van Ho.
- Cross-visit between Moc Chau and Van Ho were organized; particularly knowledge sharing in production techniques and markets shared.
- The strategy for expanding vegetable production in the two districts have been drafted and agreed with the district authorities.