CRED is leading the management of „Development of Community-Based Tourism project in Cao Bang and Ha Giang“ where CRED:
- Identifies and promotes new eco-tourism destinations;
- Builds the capacity for wide range of actors in tourism services including: Community based tourism; Homestay and hospitality; Local guide; Tourist driver; Cooking; Product development; Development of business plan; Tourism marketing, etc.
- Designs tourism products considering local conditions and tourism trends;
- Cooperates with national and international Tour Operator/Tour Agencies to promote tourism market development and market linkages;
- Supports local government and builds their capacities in the development and implementation of tourism development strategy and plan;
- Designs and organizes tour programs including the respective arrangements of transportation and logistics.
HOW WE WORK
- Develop market based and pro-poor value chains, Market System Development;
- Participatory process involving communities, tourism companies, tourism experts and local authorities in the development of community based tourism;
- Skill and knowledge development to support tourism communities provide high-quality products and services;
- Mainstream Economic, Environmental, Social and Cultural sustainability dimensions in project interventions;
- Promote People – Private – Public Partnership for the development and marketing of tourism;
- Advocate government authorities to offer enabling policies for the development of tourism.
After 4 years implementing the project in the potential communes and districts in Cao Bang and Ha Giang, CBT-VN project has obviously brought in positive changes to improve livelihoods of the households and the communities. At a broader picture, the project has contributed to promoting Hoang Su Phi as a new favorite tourist destination in the northern mountainous region of Vietnam.
With the market system approach, the project has achieved the following results:
- More than 6,000 people have been made aware of the CBT model and engaged in meetings and discussions for the development of tourism in their respective communities.
- Almost 1,200 people, of that 454 are ethnic women, have been trained on specific CBT skills to participate in tourism business including homestay services, hostability, cooking, guide, porter, xe-om driver, handicraft, cultural performance, farm experiencing, provision of food stuff for tourism services (vegetable, meat, honey, etc.).
- 20 different tour programs tour products were developed of which 2 mountain bike tours tested successfully in Hoang Su Phi and Cao Bang;
- Through the promotion of FAM trips, business linkages have been established with 30 travel companies, of which 15 companies have sent tourists regularly to the regions.
- An estimated of 4,920 visitors (860 international; 2,860 domestic and 401 business travelers) have visited project sites only in 2017, fifth fold comparted to the whole year 2016 which have contributed to increase incomes for 454 households.
- The significant increase of visitors is resulted from the effective promotions and improved CBT services including CBT website has been developed; bill boards set up for Hoang Su Phi; CBT video clips and electronic promotion material were developed to promote the CBT destination and services, see vietnamresponsibletourism.com .
Authorities of both districts Hoang Su Phi (Ha Giang) and Trung Khanh (Cao Bang) have actively participated in CBT implementation where they have gained skills and knowledge related to tourism management. The People’s Committees of both districts are now leading the organization of annual tourism festivals: BanGioc Waterfall Festival and Hoang Su Phi Terrace Festival.
Vietnam Responsible Tourism Launching Event
FAMTRIP for Reporters
Route Investigation trips in Cao Bang
Route Investigation trips in Hoang Su Phi
English Class in Cao Bang